Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Lost in translation? not really.....





last night was the closing ceremony of the film festival and it was much fun. I go have dinner with all the staff of the festivals and then all the crews decided to go to have a drink and dance at a local club called Ska.....

I 've always wanted to experience one's culture and of coz i decided to join them.....
the whole vibe of the club was so nice and everyone was having a great time. I experienced the strong friendliness in korean teenagers and this raises question in my head....

can Hong Kong teenagers be this kind to foreigners ? I seriously doubt that!!

I think koreans are really shy about speaking in english, but this do not apply after they have a few drinks of alcohol...well...they speak in broken english but it is more than enough for me to understand and being ab le to communicate with them. They are very curious about me and at the same time I am very curious about them. We ask each other really silly questions and I think this is the most enjoyable part of really understanding one's culture.

After the night club, the boys took me to have traditional pork intestine soup which apparently they said that it is good for one after they had consumed much alcohol~ taste nice and yea~

but the only thing that I have regretted is that it is the last day of the festival and I just hesitated to take a picure with this really cute volunteer which after I have a brief chat with her,.... I know that her name is candice and she studies radio frequency engineering and has been unemployed since. She is really tall has a really "Doll face" and during each screening I gets really excited because she will talk to me in korean....a bunch of words which i can't undedrstand but she say it really beautifuly with her tones and all.

I ended up going back home at like 6am in the morning and prepare for another big day at the electronic market.

** I went to the han river with Euncy ( the girl that I met at the plane) and it was again another fun night. You guys that havent seen the movie, please go download it or get a dvd.....i took lots and lots of funny photos and i even have friend octopus and drink beer along the river.....all so very nice!
I am now feeling a bit sad because holiday is about to end very soon!!
until next time
Tom

No comments: