Saturday, October 20, 2007

From HK to Seoul




hi there,
I am now in Seoul doing this blog entry:
Feelings so far:
I just dont know what to order in restaurants as all their restaurant menus are in Korean and there are not many restaurants with english translation menus~
I got into this sort of western style korean restaurant last night and I decided to just point at what people eat and then order, but luckily, they have an english menu and I have myself one hot meal in this cold winter day....
yes the weather is extremely cold!
I met this girl on the plane (korean) and she game me her phone number and suggested that she will show me the city. I emailed her yesterday and I 've just got a respond from her!! She has also promised to come to my screening to day so that doubles the excitement!! I wonder where will she take me.
Have a look at my hotel room it is super luxury! I wish I can live like this when I am in Hong Kong. Look, there are so many beds there....with kitchen and all. I wish I can fully utilized it but u know I can't.
I am planning to visit the "Han River" the river that was highly featured in the movie, "the host"
Also, I am going to a lot of screenings tomorrow, not to mention my own screenign with the post screening questions and answers section. I wonder what the korean audience would ask me about~....
I am also planning to visit the demilitarized zone which is also featured in another movie, "JSA". Yes....I am a crazy movie fan!! Which also means I can have a taste and get to see a little bit of north korea~ Also, I think I will also do some more research after I go back to HK as it really fascinates me with all the history about korea and all~
I should really go back to bed as there is a very long day ahead of me.
Until next time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like fun woh! is the korean gal pretty?

djbethell said...

Thomas,
thank you so much for your excellent Living in the Dark. I have recently been diagnosed with a blinding disease and seeing your film really made me feel a great sense of calm knowing someone else has been there. Don't suppose those bionic eyes are ready yet? :]