Friday, October 31, 2008

an old email~

this is an old email which i found while going through some old contacts,

it describes the day when I just score myself that cableTV job, the one that i have just quit, its interesting to read it at this moment of my life:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi SXXXX,

How are you going? Hope everything is fine on your side.

I've been very well, went to china a couple of weeks ago, 
Haven't went back for more than 13 years !!

And, I would like to share with you some good news....I've just scored
myself a full time job at cableTV (a local pay TV station) , I will be their on-air promotions junior producer!! I will be responsible for producing quality promos for all their shows within the station. There will be a lot of video editing, title sequence design and video shootings involved. Should be very challenging working in a broadcast environment!! I am very excitied yet nervous at the moment as tomorrow is my first day of work!!

My job interview was certainly an interesting story to tell. For my 2nd interview, first they ask if i got anything else to do for the rest of the day....i said i am all good...

then they asked me to cut a 40 seconds movie promo, a film that i have never seen - Dear Frankie

i have to start from scratch, from watching the movie to selecting the shots, capturing the shots, writing the promo script, edit the shots, add music, add titles and designing the end titles....it was a bit rush...but still, i worked from 3 to 9pm

The following day, I got a call from my producer, telling me that they want to discuss further details with me about the job! That's it!!

I really hope that I can do well in my job and get settled in HK this time~
It just feels like the right move for me. I look forward to have a more routine and stable life and working style~

Will let you know how I go with it.

talk soon and take care!

Please say hi to FXXXX for me!!

cheers
Thomas

***  And now, my new job starts next monday, here we go again!! ***

No comments: