Tuesday, March 28, 2006

state of mind

It's an email that I wrote to an old friend, and i think it pretty much shows what's in my head right now.....

Hi Chew,

Good that hear you got your future all planned!!

Well, for me, I am in the middle of a 3 way street i would say. I 've spend the last 2 years working in my field and I think I 've starting to achieve something, my shortfilms are now launching in a few major festivals in melbourne and I am going to keep sending it to more international festivals. But in order to stay in melbourne, i need to apply for another visa, which is what I am doing now, in the process of putting together an application. I have to do that in Hong Kong, which gives me a really good chance of having a real holiday. I think i might actually go overseas!!!

If I don't apply for it now, I will not be eligible to apply it in 6 months, I can always go back to HK....which leads me to this option.


I might use this time to really relax as if I dont it now, maybe I need to have it in another 3 years. I can use this time to think about my future and all that. I dont think i will go back to study this soon, as I want a bit of time off before doing more studies....and I need more experience b4 more degrees. But hey, I got my first class honours, not bad yeah?!!

I really want to think myself as an international worker, and not restrict myself in one location.......I am still trying to figure out how to do that.......but i think launching my films in international festivals can allow me to do that. I might come to singapore in June if my films entered a competition there, would you be there around that time?

I was in New Zealand last December as my film was selected to be screened at a conference in Dunedin, it was great!!

no, no girl friends, I did have a crush on some girls, but because i have to go, i didnt bothered to tell her.....bummer....i think my head was full of aussie girls...hahah!!

that's it for now,

talk to you soon,

Thomas

No comments: