Tuesday, March 28, 2006

last weekend

last friday, I 've got two news, one is that i didnt get into 2 major animation festivals, one in South Korea and another one in France (ANNECY)....from that, i got a revelation.....reaching to the international arena is bloody hard, and I guess I am not up to that level yet......

But I guess I just gotta keep trying and sending it to more festivals, and who knows, I might slip into one or two big ones. I wasnt sad or anything, just know that I really need to send it to more festivals, went to Luigi's home and dub like 17 copies of preview tapes.

ON saturday morning, I got this email:
" We are delighted to extend this formal invitation for LIVING IN THE DARK and SUKKI'S STORY to be screened in MIAF 2006. "

I made it to the Melbourne International Animation Festival, that's the one that I really wanted to get into in Melbourne, and I made it. I guess I can get into that one because its a "local" production and I think it lets it get in a bit easier~ but hey, it's an international animation festival and I am happy!!

I called up robbie and we were chatting, tell him about the good news and we looked back at how much we have achieved......we did achieve something, which is pretty cool.

I miss him so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep going Ah Tsyn, I know that you can be more successful than that~ ! But one thing you should remember to do, is that to add in the Chinese subtitles into your two films for Luigi's mother, hahahah.. ^.^